11/28/09

the server's dream

I think that most server's have had a similar dream to mine ... or maybe I'm just a nutjob. But I've been having this reoccurring dream in which a customer leaves me a really big (undeserving) tip. It started out where this customer (just your average joe-- but yes it was always a guy in a business suit) comes into the bar and runs a tab with me on a particularly slow day.

The first time I had the dream he left me a hundred dollars on his tab. In real life that would be quite a good tip. I've gotten one before but I've had to share it with my fellow bartenders.

But clearly my subconscious thought this was cheap and it got greedy because now in my dreams he leaves me a thousand dollars, which would never, ever happen at my bar.

Is this something that other servers have dreamt about...? Of course I still have the nightmares about being so busy with so many guests yelling at me that my head explodes. But this dream is different, it's kind of nice, and I wake up feeling hopeful.. hopeful of what I'm not sure, but hopeful nonetheless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a vacation...

BB said...

LOL! Well, banquet manager, I only have next week left until I am cutting the cord. I will be going home to get a full time job and try to pick up some shifts on the weekends for serving at a new place. Bad time to be unemployed, but this place is CLEARLY driving me nuts.

Waiting said...

I've never had the first dream - where someone gives me a big tip. I frequently have dreams where I am working frantically all night and wake up more tired than I was when I went to sleep. Those seriously suck.

BB said...

Hi Waiting! Welcome to my blog and thanks for commenting! I have those dreams frequently too. Or should we call them nightmares, lol?