12/5/09

The end.

Tonight was my last night at work. So I didn't really give a crap.. which felt very liberating.

I had one girl complain about me to another bartender because she said I was rude. I wish I had a video camera so I could record the encounter back to her when she was sober and show her who was rude. I again was dealing with the "EXCCCCUUUUUSE MEEE! OVER HERE!" bitches. I didn't have anyone else to serve at the time so I asked her what she would like. She made me wait there while she asked her friend what she was drinking. And then she went to into a whole list of questions about prices. By the time I got done answering her questions there were about five people waiting to order.

So when she asked me another question about prices, I did what I thought was most logical.. I walked away. I served the other five people and then I came back. She then looks at me and says "So, are you going to serve me now?" And biting my tongue I said "That depends. Are you ready now?" So she ordered a fuzzy navel. I made it, brought it back to her, and rung her up pretty quickly and then moved on. Apparently she was all pissy because she went and complained about me to the other bartender.. which did her a whole lot of nothing because I don't work there anymore.. complain about me all you want to, bitch.

I was very smug all night about all the annoying customers. Every time I served someone with attitude I smiled to myself knowing that I would never have to serve them again.

At the end of the night, I got whipped creamed.. a tradition at our bar. And I'm not kidding here.. I was covered in whip cream.. head to toe. My hair was like a giant ice cream cone. And at the end of the night everyone took a shot with me.. which of course included someone saying how I would probably be back in two weeks anyway. It was nice.. and I am going to miss the people I work with. But I have been saying for a few months how happy I would be to quit and put the drama of the bar behind me.. and I sincerely am.

5 comments:

Cielo Gold said...

Are you going to be bartending at another bar or are you hanging up the bartending towel?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I don't regret my years in the service industry as I made lifelong friends...but I sure don't miss it. Congrats!

purplegirl said...

Ah, the sweetness of a last day! .... I long for it. :)

Anonymous said...

It is always the people you miss , never the job itself.

BB said...

Yes, I sure do miss the people. I'm a little sad right now.. but that's expected. I moved because it was the best thing for me to do for my future.. but that doesn't mean I'm happy I had to do it by any means. I lived in that area for six years.. so it's a big deal for me. But I was rather sick of the drama going on and I think they are in for a bit of trouble as myself and another girl who has been there for quite some time quit the day after I did.

I am not hanging up my bartending towel.. at least hopefully not. I'm going to focus on finding a full time job right now.. and once I get the ball rolling on that I am going to look for a bartending job here. Until then, my best friend still works at the college bar.. and will keep me updated on stories/customers so I can keep this blog a rolling.

Thanks for continuing to read!